Wednesday 26 June 2013

Bringing some colour into your life....

Fun for the kids.......

 

.....pretty for mum.

 
Having taken down all the birthday decorations for little Miss Moo's 4th birthday last week, I realised not only how bare it looked (doesn't it always after a holiday or  special occasion)....but also how little colour we have in our home....I am by no means a plane Jane, but let's put it like this: I like my clothes black, and my décor in shades of white....
My front room (yes, the one at the back of the house) is all white, with accents in blues....
...I like it, but something is missing....
...colour!!
 
.....and fun!!!


So whilst looking for some inspiration for my new Wednesday post concept (more on that in a minute), I came across the art of Papel picado......
Originally a Mexican folk art, it is beautiful and colourful....just the injection my front room needed...
So I have been very busy the last couple of days, doing some Papel Picado inspired projects....

I am also fascinated by the association between Papel picado and "the day of the dead"......I might have to revisit my newly found love of Papel Picado come October-time...

I have been making Papel picado coasters and banners to inject some fun and colours into our décor.......I've even upgraded a plain white cushion with a cute Papel picado print.....

Oh...and I just looooove the word:
p-a-p-e-l  p-I-c-a-d-o....
 
 
 
These are such easy DIY's.....and perfect projects to get your kids involved with over the summer holidays....maybe just leave all the scissor-work to the older ones...

 So this brings me nicely around to my promised announcement....
 
With the schools ending for summer holidays very soon, I have been a bit anxious about how to keep little miss Moo happy and entertained at home with me...as we are not planning on going anywhere and the unpredictable British weather is sure to let us down.....
 
 
....So I've gathered a pinterest board of Kids crafts and fun,
 and Every Wednesday over the Summer holidays I will post tutorials of my top picks of fun things do with your kids this summer from my pinterest board......I am planning on picking some projects that are just fun and crazy...and some that will produce not only pretty things to keep and cherish, but also some very proud kids....




But I need your help:

 
Over the next two weeks I would love it if you had a look at my
kids crafts and fun board at pinterest....
 
.....See if there is anything that YOU would love to do with your kids, let me know and I will try to do a post of your suggestions....
 
Lets try to make this a summer to remember for Little Miss Moo and your own little monsters....
 
 The first Wednesday KIDS CLUB will be posted on the 23rd of July , so we got 3 weeks people...
...get involved!!

I cant wait to hear from you!
 
 
 Thanks for popping by..

xxx

June

 

Ps! I will of course be back on Saturday with another DIY tutorial....I am keeping it colourful.........hint hint...

 

No comments:

"