Friday 10 May 2013

Welcome to Nostalgiecat!

 HI!
My name is June
 Nostalgiecat is my creative outlet for all the little and large projects I undertake whilst redecorating our Victorian terraced cottage here in Hertfordshire, UK.....making this house our home!!


I am an artist, working mainly in concrete, and stay-at-home mum to "Little Miss Moo", and generally creative girl with a passion for interior design!!

I am originally from Norway, and I guess my style reflects the Scandinavian sensibilities when it comes to interiors ......with a nostalgic penchant for mid-century design!

I came to the UK in 1998 to study, and ended up working in the British film industry for almost a decade making props, creatures and special effects. In fact I met my husband (known simply as Mr. here on the blog) on the second instalment of the Harry Potter films.
I guess this background has made me very practically minded, and have given me the confidence to tackle just about anything I put my mind to!!

I love making things, repurposing things and upcycling things, and I get a real sense of fulfilment from creating something nice for the home for next to nothing!!

I started Nostalgiecat in March, 2013 to give my self a "kick up the backside" to put all those ideas that had been swimming in my head into action, and to make our ,then newly purchased, house ours!


Since then, both the house and the blog has undergone a quite a transformation....and my sense of style has also evolved with time!!
Nostalgiecat has gone from being a personal craft blog to a more interior and design focused site!

I see Nostalgiecat as an educational reference file of my DIY projects, that the public can refer to for tutorials and "how to's" : From basic home improvements to more creative projects aimed to add more personality to the home!

 My aim is to make creative interior design more accessible and affordable to people!
Money has been tight since I gave up my career to become a mum, and everything I do is on a very tight budget, so one of my design ethos is:
"Make the most of what you've got"
As well as posting tutorials on budget friendly DIY design hacks, I also do posts on how and where to shop the look for less + Advise on how to redecorate and improve your home when money is tight!

Nostalgiecat is still evolving as a blog, but I hope to inspire my readers to embrace some creativity in their interior design and to personalise their homes!!

If I can do it...so can YOU!!



So grab a coffee, stay a while and get lost in my creative world!!
I love to hear from you all...Any questions or comments on my projects, or even if you want to tell me about something awesome you've made for your home.... is all welcome in the comments box below each post!
I also welcome collaborations: Have you got a project you need some help with or would like to work with me on, please just drop me a line at
This also goes for interior companies and potential sponsors: If you have a product you feel would fit in here at Nostalgiecat, just get in touch....as long as I am happy that your products will be of interest to my readers and it fits in with my blogging schedule, I'd be happy to help...Compensation for promoting your product here at Nostalgiecat is negotiable!
xxx
June


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog by OCR, and I´m here to stay :). I´m from Finland so I share the same Scandinavian design heritage. I can´t wait to really go through all your ideas, because I´m with a limited budget too.

june olsen said...

Jenni! Its a pleasure to have you! So glad you're enjoying the blog! I've always wanted to visit Finland....I hear it's beautiful + I love Finnish design!!Good luck with your home renovations!!

Unknown said...

hi i love your blog, very nice, keep going. If you are interested on a partnership, let me know :)
www.kasaristudio.com

"